7 Layers?

Monday, December 19, 2005

Fighting with SpyWarez

I've been using Win XP with SP 1 for a long time and have been browsing the internet but didn't face any problem. For the last 2 days I started surfing for some freewarez and hacking materials and I felt that there was something wrong with the system. the nextg day system got started freezing and didn't allow me to open a word file or open the any website.

I had to kill the process even it took too much time to show the Task Manager. I was pretty sure that it was due the system vulnerabilities. So I decided to install the SP2 and patch up the system and install the anti-virus. So I did the installation of SP2, Kaspersky for anti-virus but system was still freezing. Specially while opening the Internet Explorer. So for sure that IE is infected. Then I tried scanning the system with Microsoft Anti Spyware (updated).

MS Anti Spyware did not show any infected file. It showed that system status as ok but still I was facing the system freezing problem whenever I tried using the IE for windows updates or for any other reason. So I donwloaded the FireFox. Made it default browser. Stared using it and it was very very fast. So the IE is compromised, it is confirmed. I still had the doubt about the spyware so I downloaded the Lavasoft's Ad-ware SE.

I stared doing the system scanning using the latest definitions and I found that there were 35 files were infected. And all of them have infected the IE, My ocumetmts etc..

I had to delete all the files without taking any risk. Once it was done I found my system in better health. Now IE 6.0 is also working fine.

So neither IE nor MS AntiSpyware could bring my system back into the position and I had to use 3rd party solution. I read about the vulnerabilities in IE but today I faced the problem even I used the antivirus.

So the Spywares are really pain in the ass and make the system worst than a 486x machine with 32 MB memory.

I'm sure you must have faced the same problem.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Z M A T said...

Yes it is really very difficult with these spywares, we can use Microsoft Anti Spyware but it is not able to detect all the spywares on the system i found another freeware called spyware doctor from www.download.com this software detects more signature than microsoft's software

7:24 PM  
Blogger A Z M A T said...

Yes it is really very difficult with these spywares, we can use Microsoft Anti Spyware but it is not able to detect all the spywares on the system i found another freeware called spyware doctor from www.download.com this software detects more signature than microsoft's software

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Money said...

Hi blogger:)

I shall inform all my school friends about this blog... they were searching for the same information a couple of days/weeks ago. If they still need that information they will adore your blog:)

Regards,
spyware detect

11:46 AM  
Blogger U.G. Leader Mr. A said...

Yes you are most welcome and come back to me anytime. There is much more.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home