7 Layers?

Friday, October 29, 2004

Beware of Dogs! [Adware and Spyware]

Today I was in my friend’s office and we were using the Internet. We normally access the Internet and have never seen any kind of ambiguity while accessing the Internet. Last week I had downloaded the XP service pack 2 and installed on both out machines. Also the network is protecting with the Cisco PIX Firewall. So I was very sure that my PC is now secure because I’m also using SP2 built-in firewall.

If you read my last week blog in which I’ve asked question to one of Microsoft’s security guru and he said that XP firewall can’t scan the outgoing packet if any Spyware or Adware is already installed into the computer. But XP firewall shall scan the incoming packets.

So today in the morning we just got in our mind to check whether we have Spy and Adware. He scanned and he found many in his notebook. Also I used two Spy and Adwares. First I used ‘AdwareSafe’. It has found ‘KeenValue.Updater’ Adware. And it has also found many tracking cookies like atdmt.com, doubleclick.net and msn.com. I don’t know about these cookies and how much riskier are these. One Hijacker object was also found which was un-recognized.

KeenValue KeenValue.Updater Description:

KeenValue.Updater is an updater for eUniverse's products, such as KeenValue, IncrediFind and PerfectNav. KeenValue.Updater runs in the background, connects to update.thunderdownloads.com (12.129.205.220) looking for updates.

http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_remove_keenvalue.htm

Then I’ve used another trial version ‘Adware Spy’. It has found PopupDefence Hijacker[a trojan]and Konitiki.

So what I get is that I should not rely only on Firewalls. I should have to have Adware and Spyware so I can block the cookies and ads. Spyware and Adware are really very important to secure your computer.

Both the above software I tried is the trial versions and I could not get the full function but I got rid of spyware and adware. So I’ll be keep checking the more Spyware and Adware to keep secure my notebook.

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed here.

13 Comments:

Blogger swissred said...

I'm happy that so many people post info about adware on their blogs; I am the owner of an adware 5 website; I'd glad if you pay me a visit. You'll probably find useful info for your next adware related posts.

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fantastic Website, I was just searching the net for nothing special and came across your site.I Also have a site on adware spyware removal tool and I also have a site on adaware I hope you like them.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having problems with you computer slowing down thats probably Killer Spyware take action today and get a Detecting Spyware Remover scan for free. It is essential that you use an removers spyware program to ensure safe adware removal on your computer.

Great Site by the Way!

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having problems with you computer slowing down thats probably Adware take action today and get a free adware scan. It is essential that you use an adware remover program to ensure safe adware removal on your computer.

Great site by the way!.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Empowered-Solutions said...

I find your Blog interesting - some thoughtful comments abound!

You are welcome to come visit my site http://www.spyware-beware.com/Spyware/Spyware_Detection.html which is about spyware removal tools

7:33 PM  
Blogger Bizsystem said...

Splendid blogsite you have here! Interesting information. Please come and visit mine sometime adware removal programs

3:04 PM  
Anonymous free adware said...

Hello there U.G. Leader Mr. A, I’m out surfing for a good blog
experience on free adware and found your great site.
Although this post wasn’t exactly what I’m looking for
it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now
why I found your excellent blog-site when I was
searching for free adware related web sites and I’m
glad I found your site even though its not an exact
match. I’ll leave you with a good quote from Walter F.
Mondale - "What do we want our kids to do? Sweep up
around Japanese computers? " -- Walter F. Mondale
Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous adaware said...

Hi U.G. Leader Mr. A, I’m out searching the web for the latest
and greatest information on addaware se and found your
great site. Although this post wasn’t specifically
what I was looking for it definitely got my interest
and attention. I see now why I found your interesting
blog when I was looking for addaware se related
information and I’m grateful I found your site even
though its not a perfect match. Great Post, thanks
for your informative site, Here’s my favorite quote
for you - "The real danger is not that computers
will begin to think like men, but that men will begin
to think like computers. " - Sydney J. Harris

10:43 PM  
Anonymous adware free online removal said...

Hi i was searching for ##keyword##, i found your blog. Great Blog,
Congratualtion for your great blog. i will keep on reading.
thanks
##link##

9:12 PM  
Anonymous spyware removal said...

U.G. Leader Mr. A, today I was looking for a nice blog
experience on addaware se and I found your website.
this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but it
did get my attention and interest. I see why I arrived
on your excellent blog when I was searching for
addaware se related information and I’m glad I did
even though its not an exact fit. Well let me contribute
to your website by leaving you with one of my favorite
quote from Robert Orben: "To err is human - and to
blame it on a computer is even more so. - Robert Orben
Informative Post, thanks for the read and nice
experience.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tremendous information found on this blog. Keep up the good work.

I have a site that you are welcome to see at http://www.spyware-beware.com/Spyware/Spyware_Detection.html it is about malware remover

2:26 AM  
Anonymous remove spyware said...

Hello U.G. Leader Mr. A, I’m out surfing the web for the latest
information on addaware and noticed your nice site.
Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking
for it certainly got my attention. Now I see why I
found your page when I was looking for addaware
related information and I’m thrilled I found your web
site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post,
thanks for your informative site, I’ll leave you with
my favorite quote from Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear
computers. I fear the lack of them.” Isaac Asimov

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sammy said...

U.G. Leader Mr. A, today I was looking for a nice blog
experience on remove adware and I found your website.
Beware of Dogs! [Adware and Spyware] wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but it
did get my attention and interest. I see why I arrived
on your excellent website when I was searching for
remove adware related information and I’m glad I did
even though its not an exact fit. Let me contribute
to your website by leaving you with one of my favorite
quote from Thomas Jefferson: "To err is human - and to
blame it on a computer is even more so. - Robert Orben
Informative Post, thanks for the read and nice
experience.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home